Friday, January 12, 2018

Reminiscing

These are a collection of songs and poems I wrote from when I was 10 years old until the death of my father at age 18.
Some of my Umhlali friends will remember a particular song - Rainy Days! :-) I will start by posting the songs and next post will be the poems.

Songs: 

Can it be True:
Sometimes, your heart reaches out to me.
And all my desire falls away from my heart x 2

Can it be that your'e the only one for me?

Take my heart
Take my hand
Take my life x 2

Because I live for you, can't you see it's true?
Oh, I love you
And I always will

Oh I love you
Yeah I do
In your eyes x 2
I can see
That you love me! x 3

Keyboard music - Rhythm funk 


Sometimes:
Sometimes my sense of love deceives me ________________
Sometimes my sense of danger leaves me________________
Sometimes my heart conceals me______________________
Sometimes your soothing words relieve me______________
And if my life was worse I don't know what could happen to me_________
But that's what I guess love is all about__________________

Chorus

Keyboard music - Blues, trumpet, One Finger ad-lib number 5

The day I wished for a moonbeam:
I wished for a moonbeam - but it never came__________
So now_ I always think of a moonbeam_______________
And I _____will always love you_
Be---cause the day I wished for a moonbeam - it never came____________
And you my love, always do___________

Honeybunch:
You were the first one to meet me
You were the only one to greet me
You always cared
So _________Oh babe, oh my honeybunch
You gotta be my honeybunch ----oooh _____oooh
Honeybunch----oooh _____oooh
Honeybunch

Rainy Days:
It's a rainy day_
It's a rainy day_
Rainy days keep coming my way_-_(Faster)
Chorus:
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh x 2
The rain keeps pourin' and I keep snorin'
Yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah x 2
Time goes by and the rain keeps coming down_-_(Faster)

Sing chorus again

Reach Out:
Reach out___Reach out and touch the sky
Think of all your dreams___
Watching them go by____oh__oh__

Reach out_____Reach out and touch the sky
The many things you've wanted
Have suddenly passed you by ___(High)

You can make all your dreams come true ___(High)

If you__Reach out___Reach out and touch the sky
Watch all your dreams go by

Your'e flying high in the sky, watching all your dreams float by___
You're flying with a wild wind as you fall through the sky_____

Reach out_____Reach out and touch the sky
Watch all you dreams float by______

Without you:
Without you, I would not be where I am today
Even though it's been so long
I wish you were here to stay

Chorus:
Without you, ooh ooh  x 2

We've been best friends all our lives
Why did you have to go?
Even though it's been so long
I wish you were here to stay___

Chorus:
Without you, ooh ooh  x 2

Someday we'll meet again
It may not be tomorrow
But even if we don't 
We'll always be, best friends.

Give me your hand:
Give me your hand
Give me your heart
Give  me your life
Give me everything I need

So, oh babe, babe, babe
You're livin' in my heart, in my heart_____
So___yeah__yeah___
No one knows x 2
That you and I x 2
Would ever be, what we want to be___
So babe

Chorus:
Give me your hand
Give me your heart
Give  me your life
Give me everything I need

Keyboard music - Reggae, One finger ad-lib number 5

Let's Dance:
Babe take me into your heart
Take me with all you' got

It's the only thing I want

Show me what, show me all you got
Take me dancing, dancing___
Take me to a disco (Disco, disco)
Babe I wanna go (Wanna go, wanna go)

Let's dance (let's dance, let's dance)
Dance the whole night long x 2
Dance to the rock song x 2

babe dance (Dance, dance)
Show me what you can do x 2
Then I'll show you x 2

Dance
Keyboard music - Disco

Flowers in the Breeze:
As the spring runs past
I think of you at last
The flowers are swayin'
And I am a layin'
Down beneath the trees
in a cool mountain breeze (Slow)

I know that in all my dreams
You're standing there, watching me(Slow)

As the light fades away
I'm sleeping beneath the trees
With the moon shining bright
I think of you standing there (Slow)

When the dawn breaks
I awake with the birds singing high in th trees
And my voice sings low in the breeze (Slow)

I hear a whisper in my ear
"It's not a dream" x 2 (Slow)
For if it were then I would not be standing here near  a cool mountain stream____________

Keyboard music - Country

A place i n the sun:
There's a place in the sun
(Where the lonely ones go x 2 )

If I find a friend
To replace a friend
Then I won't be a lonely one

There's a place in the sun
(Where the lonely ones go x 2 )

Take my hand we can find it together
If it all works out, we can be friends forever

There's a place in the sun
(Where the lonely ones go x 2 )

Now it's a place where friends go together
No more a place of lonliness
I can't describe my happiness

There's a place in the sun
(Where the lonely ones go x 2 )

We can go there, we share a friendship,
In the place in the sun






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring

Spring has supposedly come I'm reminded of the hymn we used to sing: "What a wondrous time is spring,  When all the trees are buddi...