Friday, January 12, 2018

Reminscing continued...

The poems that follow were written through my high school years. I have always used writing to express my feelings.

True Happiness:
Where can true happiness be found?
Surely it is in the quiet call of a bird,
The monotonous sound of waves on a shore,
The cool mountain breeze, where is it bound?

The giving of love and all that is pure,
The living of life and all we endure,
In friendships and family ties,
Happiness found, if we are wise.

Why are we always trying to succeed?
If true happiness is all that we need?
And can only be found,
In the wondrous world around.

Let's make believe:

Let's make believe we're alone,
Make believe we're all alone,
Let's imagine that we're slowly travelling home.

Let us see a thousand winters,
Written in the snow,
Let us breathe a thousand summers,
The warm winds blow.

Let us run together,
In a field of yellow joy,
Let us sing forever,
The story of love.

Let us stand forever on a mountain high,
Let us build our foundations for a lifetime of joy,
Do you want to come with m?
All this to endure?

I'm not sure,
Of what I feel,
I'm not sure,
If this is for real.

I need confirmation,
So tell me now,
Is this what you want to do?
For I want it with you.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring

Spring has supposedly come I'm reminded of the hymn we used to sing: "What a wondrous time is spring,  When all the trees are buddi...